It’s the start of may and typically I ought to have my trash stash up but I’m a bit delayed as this weekend was spent celebrating my SO’s birthday. So here’s my Sephora VIB Sale haul instead.
As I anticipated, I didn’t haul very much for the Sephora VIB sale this time around and pretty much stuck to my shopping list.
• Lavanila The healthy Deodorant in Vanilla – $17 $14.09
I discovered that it appears Sephora Canada no longer stocks the grapefruit or coconut scents! I have them on my “loves” list but now they state “this item does not ship to Canada”. So my only scent option is Vanilla. I also discovered that this item sold out by around day 4 of the sale – thank goodness I grabbed it on day one.
• Farmacy new Day gentle exfoliating Grains – $40 $33.15
Replenish my recently finished sample of this (foreshadowing for my upcoming trash stash post! )
I didn’t set out to feature the unboxing of this bottle but the packaging design of this is so genius that I couldn’t help but snap some photos.
It’s like origami!
• Bite charm Agave Lip Balm – $20 $16.58
This is already in use and in my purse.
• Sephora Collection face Mask in green Tea and rose – $8 each $6.63 each
I said I’d 100% purchase both of these and I did!
• Sephora favorites give Me Some nude Lip – $33 $27.35
Yup, I did it. This was on my 50% possibility I’ll purchase list but with so numerous comments encouraging me to get it (some of the comments were in my head, to be sure) I chose to get this and I’m so glad I did. What an amazing set.
The set contains:
• too faced Melted Matte Liquified Lipstick in Queen B 2.3 mL (mini)
• Buxom Full-On Lip cream in White Russian 1.55g (mini)
• Marc Jacobs charm Le Marc Lip Crème in #246 slow burn 1.7g (mini)
• Bite charm amuse Bouche Lipstick in Honeycomb 1.55g (mini)
• urban Decay Vice Lipstick in 1993 comfort Matte 3.4g (full size)
• Estée edit The Barest Contour lip liner in #05 In The Buff 0.25g (full size)
I really wasn’t paying close enough attention to what this set actually contains, because I didn’t realize it include not one, but two items that had been on my wish list. As pointed out by Molly of The rose charm Files, it includes Buxom White Russian, which I’ve wanted to try for ages. But, it also includes the UD Vice in 1993, which Robyn of Lipstick on the Lake raves about. now I have it!
And did you see, there’s a new give Me Some nude Lip set out?
It only came out after the VIB Sale, and does include a few items I’ve been wanting to try, but I choose the set I got (which is still available).
These few items weren’t on my shopping list but you know how it goes…
• Anastasia Beverly Hills empty 4 Well Refillable Eye palette x2 – $1 each
I discussed that I really like the empty palettes in my review of the Anastasia Beverly Hills eye shadows. And with the VIB sale discount, these were $0.85 each!
• Sephora Collection colorful Eyeshadows in Hollywood Calling, Pop Idol, and June Gloom – $7 each $5.80 each
I always like to check the sale section online before I check out and I saw that Sephora is clearing out a lot of colours of their eye shadows. You’ve seen me haul these before – I guess they’re a weakness of mine. I already own a bunch of these and I find the quality is quite good. I’ve been eyeing both Hollywood Calling and Pop Idol for a while – and I just liked the name June Gloom.
And, I did offer my discount to my pals and ended up placing 4 separate orders online, so I got quite a few samples:
• Living proof ideal hair Day Shampoo & Conditioner
• Kate Somerville dry Skin Saver
• Briogeo Don’t Despair repair Deep Conditioning Mask
• Fresh Soy face Cleanser
• Fresh rose Hydrating Eye Gel Cream
• Tata Harper Regenerating Cleanser
• Peter Thomas Roth Water Drench Hyaluronic Cloud Cream
• L’Occitane precious Cream
• Bumble and bumble Hairdresser’s unnoticeable Oil Shampoo & Conditioner
• Glamglow Supermud Clearing Treatment
• Guerlain Mon Guerlain perfume
• viewpoint amazing Grace Eau de Toilette
Here are the items I purchased on behalf of my friends, if you’re curious:
• Clinique Rinse-Off Foaming Cleanser x2
• bareMinerals complexion Rescue tinted Hydrating Gel Cream
• Origins GinZing Refreshing Eye Cream
• charm Blender
• Bobbi brown blush Brush
And, I actually braved a Sephora store on the first day of the sale to pick up my totally free tote. I went just before lunch and was amazed to see that the store wasn’t too busy. and even much more amazed, this year’s tote is so good – it’s made of actual cloth fabric instead of the plastic canvas of previous years.
It’s a messenger style tote which is surprisingly roomy with a durable broad strap.
My total damage concerned C$149 without the discount, and with the 15% off, it was C$126.65. Plus, I used Ebates which dropped their discount to a measly 2.5% (normally it’s 8%), so I got another $3.17 back, bringing my total to $123.48.
Have you tried any of the items I got? Did youpick up anything from the Sephora sale?
Click to email this to a pal (Opens in new window)
Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
Sephora VIB Sale fall 2016 HaulAnd here’s the reckoning. truth time: I placed 3 orders online and made 1 in-store purchase. 😀 I requalified for VIB Rouge for next year again! But, not because of my own purchases, but my pals pooled their purchases with mine (I’d say the breakdown was 30% me, 70% them).…
November 18, 2016In “Beauty”
Sephora VIB Sale shopping list April 2017 EditionI feel a sense of fatigue in general in the charm community lately. I’ve never seen so numerous anti-hauls and declutters as I have recently. In years past, the most popular topics were hauls and charm collection posts, but I’m now seeing a trend of the “resistance”. Maybe it’s just…
April 17, 2017In “Beauty”
Sephora VIB Sale fall 2017 HaulFinally, I’m posting about my Sephora VIB sale haul! I had early access so I was able to start hauling on Nov 3rd. After the first window of shopping, this is what I ordered: As discussed in my shopping list post, I really did not need numerous things. The ONE…
November 30, 2017In “Beauty”