While I tend to pack light for my makeup, I don’t skim when it pertains to skincare when I travel. I am fastidious in my skincare routine and I still maintain separate products for day and night time.
This is why it’s crucial for me to hoard travel sizes of my much-loved products when I find them! If not, I just decant them into travel size containers.
These are pretty much provided in the buy in which I use the products.
• Shiseido Extra Creamy Cleansing Foam
• Smashbox photo finish primer Water – ugh, I’m forcing myself to use this. I decanted from the big bottle into this travel spray bottle. and I added about half a tablespoon of plain glycerin. I checked this concoction and it’s decent. Still don’t love it but I’ll use it up.
• Clarins HydraQuench Intensive Serum / Biotherm Vichy AquaSource Deep Serum – the trouble with these little gwp size is that they’re not large enough to last 2 weeks so I’m taking 2 just in case.
• Clinique drastically different Moisturizing Lotion
• MAC fast action eye cream
• Clarins UV plus SPF 40 Day screen Tint – I got this recently and I love it! It’s a mineral sunscreen – very lightweight and supplies a great foundation base.
• Consonant Skincare The best Sunscreen SPF 30 – considering that we’ll be spending a lot more time than normal outdoors, I’d doubling / tripling up my sunscreen. I’ll keep this in my purse for emergency situations (my SO’s ears and back of neck are prone to getting burned!)
• ColoreScience Sunforgettable Mineral Sunscreen Brush SPF 50 – having a sunscreen in powder format is also incredibly handy.
• Jack Black intense therapy Lip Balm SPF 25 in Grapefruit – this isn’t my much-loved but it’s slim pickings for lip balms consisting of respectable SPF (if you have any recs, please share!)
• MAC Cleanse Off Oil – I have this travel bottle that I reuse whenever I travel – I decanted from my big bottle into it.
• Mary Kay Oil-Free Eye makeup Remover
• Yves Rocher three Teas Micellar Water (decanted)
• Body shop Vitamin E Hydrating Toner (decanted)
• Elizabeth Arden flawless Future Eye Gel – not my much-loved but I’m close to finishing this so hopefully I can be made with it on the trip
• Clarins HydraQuench Cream
• La Roche-Posay Effaclar K – my skin always breaks out when I travel so this is preemptive strike!
• C.O. Bigelow supreme 2X Lip Shine in Spearmint – my much-loved bedtime lip product (review here)
Misc / Hair care:
• 2 week’s supply of cotton pads: I’m taking my trusty Shiseido Facial Cotton, along with some of the Up+Up exfoliating Cotton Rounds. considering that I’m not bringing any chemical exfoliants with me, I’ll rely on gentle physical exfoliation to keep my skin clear.
• Consonant Skincare Intensive organic Hand cream – you’ll notice that I didn’t include any body wash / creams. When I travel, I just rely on whatever is available at the hotels – same with shampoos. but I made a decision to bring a travel sized hand cream to keep in my carry on – the flight is 13 hours! and I know my skin will get incredibly dehydrated on the plane – in a pinch I’ll use this on my face too.
• Dove travel size antiperspirant – I tried to find a travel size deodorant considering that I’ve made the transition to deodorants, however, the cost of the travel size Lavanila was ridiculous! $13 for 25g vs $17 for 56g. I’ll be a monkey’s uncle if I’m going to pay that much for a travel deodorant!
• Neutrogena Ultra sheer DryTouch SPF 110 – sunscreen for the body
• curl Keeper (decanted)
• L’Oreal studio Line Silk & Gloss curling Spritz (decanted)
• Tresemme Tres two hair spray
• Colab extreme volume dry Shampoo in Tokyo – I just had to get the Tokyo scent so I can use it when I’m actually there!
… and that’s about it, I think. I always live in concern that I’ll forget some crucial item from my skincare. What are your must-have skincare for travelling? Tomorrow’s post: my travel makeup!
Click to email this to a pal (Opens in new window)
Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
Grading skincare routines – part 2It was inevitable that after I posted the Grading my friends’ skincare routine entry that my other pals also wanted to have their routines reviewed. I also had a reader asked me in the comments to review her skincare – which is very trusting of her! below are their self-reported…
May 11, 2015In “Beauty”
Road trip skincare and makeup bagStarting this Friday, I’ll be on a road trip! We’ll be heading to northern parts of our province, also known as “cottage country” (don’t let the word “cottage” deceive you, they have multi-million dollar homes that are owned by Hollywood celebs), and then heading to Ottawa. We’ll be staying mostly…
July 6, 2015In “Beauty”
Trash Stash: June and July 2017: part 1 (Skincare and sample / travel Sizes)Since I skipped June’s trash Stash, I’m breaking up this post into 2 parts instead of overwhelming you with a monster post. 😛 Here’s about half of what I used up in the past 2 months: The first part will be solely focused on skincare and sample / travel sizes,…
August 8, 2017In “Beauty”